Security Group, is a virtual firewall that controls the network traffic for one or more EC2 instances. Also, it allows the specific CIDR range or ports to allow the inbound traffic to the EC2 instance.
- Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- In the navigation pane, choose Security Groups.
- Choose Create Security Group.
- Provide the following details to set up the security group:
- Security Group Name : <<Specify the name of Security Group>>
- VPC : <<Select the VPC from drop-down>>
- Under Inbound Rules, choose Add Rule.
- Type : <<The protocol to open to network traffic>>
- Ports : <<For custom rules, manually enter a port number or range>>
- Source : <<Specify the CIDR range that can reach instance>>
- Choose Create.